About This Module
State and community suicide prevention efforts require strategic engagement and effective relationship building with a variety of partners. From departments within your own agency to other teams and organizations at the state and local levels, you will need allies to advance your objectives and carry out program activities.
This module explores state and community collaboration around suicide prevention and addresses questions that commonly arise in the process of establishing and maintaining partnerships. Some of the questions addressed in this module include the following:
- How can effective collaboration support suicide prevention?
- What key partnerships can expand prevention efforts?
- How can common barriers be overcome?
- What can be done to sustain valuable partnerships?
A downloadable text version (PDF) of all module content is available.
Worksheets from the module are listed below for easy access. They can be downloaded and completed as you move through the steps described in this module.
- Worksheet: Find out More about Partners
- Worksheet: Identify the Right Partners
- Worksheet: Prioritize Your Partners
- Worksheet: Identify Synergy with Partner Priorities
- Worksheet: Frame Your Ask
- Worksheet: Address Obstacles to Accessing Data
- Worksheet: Overcome Time and Resource Barriers
- Worksheet: Maintain Engagement with Partners
- Worksheet: Formalize Partnerships