Schools are a key setting for suicide prevention. Teachers, mental health providers, and all other school personnel who interact with students can play an important role in keeping them safe.
Why Address Suicide Prevention
- Maintaining a safe school environment is part of your school’s overall mission.
- Students’ mental health can affect how well they perform in school.
- Suicide can affect the entire school community.
How Schools Can Take Action
The best way to prevent suicide is to use a comprehensive approach that includes these key components:
- Promote emotional well-being and connectedness among all students.
- Identify students who may be at risk for suicide and assist them in getting help.
- Be prepared to respond when a suicide death occurs.
- See the Recommended Resources below selected by SPRC personnel.
- See All Resources Related to Schools for a full list of materials, programs, trainings, and other information available from SPRC. Use the filters on the left to narrow your results.
- For more on other settings and groups, see our Settings and Populations pages.
All Resources Related to Schools
Displaying 207 results. Refine results using the filters on the left.