Some children who are placed in foster care may experience difficult circumstances, such as abuse and neglect, which could increase suicide risk. People who serve youth in foster care can contribute to suicide prevention by:
- Addressing the risk and protective factors in the lives of the youth in their care
- Learning how to recognize and respond to suicide risk
- Helping to keep youth safe
- See All Resources Related to Foster Care (below) for a full list of materials, programs, trainings, and other information available from SPRC. Use the filters on the left to narrow your results.
- See our pages on Youth and Family Members and Caregivers. For more on other settings and groups, see our Settings and Populations pages.