David Jobes, PhD, on Evidence-Based Psychological Treatments and Suicide-Specific Brief Interventions
(For resources, this is the publication date. For programs, this is the date posted.)
In these two brief videos, David Jobes describes evidence-based psychological treatments and suicide-specific brief interventions for people who have attempted or are at risk for suicide.
Evidence-Based Psychological Treatments
This video covers three types of evidence-based, suicide-specific
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Two forms of suicide-specific cognitive behavioral therapy
- Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality
Suicide-Specific Brief Interventions
This video covers four evidence-based brief interventions for
- Teachable Moment Brief Intervention
- Motivational Interviewing
- Safety Planning
- Attempted Suicide Short Intervention Program
Created by the Suicide Prevention Resource Center, Education Development Center, and Universal Health Systems.
To find more resources about evidence-based treatments for suicide, go to http://zerosuicide.sprc.org/toolkit/treat.