988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
July 08, 2022
News Type: Weekly Spark, Weekly Spark Announcement
July 16 marks our country’s transition to 988 as the easy-to-remember number to reach the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Lifeline) and an unprecedented opportunity to expand and strengthen crisis care nationwide. As we approach this transition, we encourage you to:
- Visit SAMHSA’s 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline webpage to learn more.
- Use the 988 Messaging Framework to plan and develop public messages about 988.
- Check out the 988 Partner Toolkit for communication outreach materials that can be tailored for your audiences.
- Help spread the word about 988 job and volunteer opportunities.
- Find information on how the 988 transition will affect the Veterans Crisis Line.
- Encourage news reporters to use the 988 Media Toolkit.