News & Highlights
This section presents news and highlights from SPRC and the suicide prevention field. Use the filters on the left to find the following items:
- Weekly Spark, SPRC’s online newsletter, containing brief news articles, research summaries, announcements, and funding opportunities. Subscribe to the Weekly Spark.
- Director’s Corner, a monthly column by SPRC leadership and guest authors.
- From the Field, innovative activities being implemented in states, communities, healthcare organizations, and other settings.
- Prevention in Practice stories highlight innovation in suicide prevention.
- Surveillance Success Stories focus on using data to inform suicide prevention efforts.
- State Infrastructure Success Stories highlight real-life examples of states that have built infrastructure essential for advancing suicide prevention.
Displaying 10 results. Refine results using the filters on the left.
December 17, 2021
A recent article reviews challenges in suicide research and proposes ways to address them. The authors discuss multiple sources of...
November 12, 2021
A recent study found an association between online risk factors and suicidal behavior among youth. According to the authors, this...
October 15, 2021
Researchers performed a systematic review of studies published around the world between September 2005 and December 2019 to identify evidence-based,...
October 01, 2021
A study looked at trends in suicide mortality from 1999 to 2019, using data from the National Vital Statistics System...
September 10, 2021
A study found the overall suicide rate in the U.S. declined for the first time in more than a decade....
July 03, 2021
Data from previous epidemics suggest suicide rates may initially appear to decrease during epidemics but may increase thereafter. Based on...
May 21, 2021
A recent study examined changes in U.S. emergency department (ED) visits for disaster-related mental health conditions, suicide attempts, overdoses, and...
April 23, 2021
A recent national retrospective study from Denmark found individuals with a diagnosed autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have an increased risk...
January 22, 2021
A recent study found an association between participation in the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) and suicide risk. While other...
January 08, 2021
Suicide Attempts and Eating Disorders | Suicide Prevention Resource Center Suicide Rates by Industry and Occupation—Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report...