News & Highlights
This section presents news and highlights from SPRC and the suicide prevention field. Use the filters on the left to find the following items:
- Weekly Spark, SPRC’s online newsletter, containing brief news articles, research summaries, announcements, and funding opportunities. Subscribe to the Weekly Spark.
- Director’s Corner, a monthly column by SPRC leadership and guest authors.
- From the Field, innovative activities being implemented in states, communities, healthcare organizations, and other settings.
- Prevention in Practice stories highlight innovation in suicide prevention.
- Surveillance Success Stories focus on using data to inform suicide prevention efforts.
- State Infrastructure Success Stories highlight real-life examples of states that have built infrastructure essential for advancing suicide prevention.
Displaying 5 results. Refine results using the filters on the left.
December 18, 2020
Friends, As you reflect on the past year, what are you most grateful for? We at SPRC are grateful for...
September 11, 2020
This Suicide Prevention Month, we have some good news to celebrate: the Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) has been funded...
August 28, 2020
Addressing the mental health needs of students in school communities is more important than ever before. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the...
June 26, 2020
In recent weeks, we’ve seen painful reminders of the racism and violence that Black Americans and other communities of color experience on...
January 03, 2020
About Us: Lived Experience as Lived Expertise The Suicide and Opioid Link: Translating Knowledge into Action Faith Communities as Suicide...