Strategic Communication Workshop Series #1 Laying the foundation: Strategies for effective communication
Date: May 14, 2018 - 2:30 pm to 3:45 pm (America/New_York)
For information, contact:
This three-part workshop series will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to enhance your suicide prevention communication efforts. During the first session, SPRC will be laying the foundation and going over strategies for effective communication. Participants will also have a chance to connect with their colleagues to learn more about their communication efforts.
After attending this workshop series, you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of strategic planning for communication
- Apply the components of the Framework for Successful Messaging
- Identify the right message and channel for your audience
- Identify other program components that should be in place to enhance the success of your communication
- Describe the importance of creating a safe and positive narrative
- Develop an evaluation plan for your communication
To access a series of five-to-six-minute webinar clips adapted from this workshop series, along with downloadable worksheets to help you put these skills into practice, visit our resource page on strategic communication planning.